Blog Hits! :D

Monday, April 1, 2013

The One Portrait





I peered slowly from the edge 
Of that golden ornate frame
The One Portrait which hung in his studio
Slightly inclined, slightly imperfect...

I'd been there for a decade now,
Past ten memorable years
Witnessed tumultuous events of Old
That swirled in and twirled out...

He had created my dusky hair
With a swish of coal-like darkness,
And I remember how his fingers
Caressed those soft curls that night...

He had whirled his paintbrush
To create a complexion of Gold,
So flawless, so pure, with crimson 
Blushing cheeks, like fresh apples...

His skilled hands had painted
Eyes the color of glassy grey,
And I remember how those dark orbs
Tried to dodge my gaze that night...

His careful fingers sorted the paints
As he chose the rosy scarlet hue,
To personify those fragrant lips
He had come to love with much care...

He swished his paintbrush a little
As the magical spray of soft crimson,
Created a glow on the neck and 
The hands he had once kissed so gently...

Colors blended in so beautifully
The portrait was finally complete,
And unlike his other helpless victims
I hung gracefully in his workplace.

A particular fancy he had for me,
Of all those women he brought back, 
He turned to my portrait for inspiration
And I'd play spectator to his evils.

They grew prettier as they came,
Fell in love with his wild attractive scent,
And eventually the luscious blood
Dripped down those linen sheets.

And one-by-one they settled down
Some in his parlor, some in the hall
Lovely women all snared in his net
Dead, gone, yet alive on canvas.


I still peered slowly from the edge 
Of that golden ornate frame
The One Portrait which hung in his studio
Slightly inclined, slightly imperfect...


...Glad that I had to no longer
Breathe the Agony.









No comments:

Post a Comment