Blog Hits! :D

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Endings and Old Beginnings

Here's the infamous end-of-semester blog post, which if you're not aware of already, is a terrifying summary of everything that really happened in the semester. The truth is I have grown very lazy off-late and I have taken to looking at my Facebook photos to try and remember exactly what happened.

I daresay it helped.

So, let's categorize events!

1. FROZEN happened.


How can I possible elaborate the influence of this movie on my life? Frozen did what no other Disney movie has been able to do since The Lion King. The deep attachment that I have always had with Disney music just grew stronger. The beautiful animation, the absolutely amazing soundtrack; and to top it all up, Elsa!
The rendition of a girl with problems that parallel modern difficulties is flawless and heartwarming. No, I am not talking about ice exploding from your fingertips; god knows Bobby from the X-Men had enough of that.

I'm referring to the suppression of one's true nature to gain acceptance in society. Once Elsa sings Let it Go, there is no going back. THAT SONG IS STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD.

And I cannot Let it Go. This song has become an anthem.

Elsa suddenly becoming hot.
                                   

2. SHERLOCK happened.


I'd rather stay mute about the plots this time. They weren't extraordinary to be honest. But the editing and direction were as sleek and fine as ever. The lucidity of sheer cinematography has never been as thoroughly explored on the small screen, as it has been on Sherlock. It is true that the season finale had us biting into flesh because of the whole WHY aspect of it; nonetheless nobody we know in this series has actually died so far.
Let's hope Moriarty stays dead. (As much as I absolutely love him.)

Feels, feels and more feels. 
                                       

3. SELFIES happened.


Okay, this really isn't a new thing I know. But I got a new phone :') and it really was so amazing to have a working device with a front camera. I do feel awfully bad for my old phone; but I'm sure it will find a kind and reasonable owner. See, I just sympathized with an electronic gadget. But everyone who's reading this blog post knows how dear a phone can be to it's owner.

I could compliment this topic with all the selfies I took, but I'm afraid the other participants of the selfie won't be very pleased. After all, not every selfie is an OSCAR selfie.

Which reminds me!

4. The OSCARS happened.


Oh, yes they weren't as amusing and entertaining as last year's Academy Awards. But they were hosted by Ellen, the almighty awesomestest marvellous Ellen. To think, I actually completed Lab as fast as possible to run down to Utown where my friends were watching the event on big screen (I mean the TV, the only big screen we get in hostel).

Broke Twitter. Hell YEAH.
                                       

Then Adele Dazim was called upon and I think that was the fastest construction of a joke if there ever was. But the internet didn't react as much until the Academy denied Leo his birthright. There was a period of damp depression for a week, and I'm not lying when I say that.

Ok, this is now a touchy topic, lets leave it alone.

5. FOOD happened.


No, no I did not finally end up learning cooking. But, I did end up devouring as much food as possible. I've grown really hungry lately, or maybe it's just the lack of great food...let me rephrase that -great affordable food -which has ended up in creating a proper calamity. Thanks to my lovely friends, everyone in the world knows about my Chocopie Marathon (the day I ate 9 chocopies at a go) , which really wasn't supposed to be a great feat. I ATE MUCH MORE LATER.

*evil monster laugh*

6. I honestly cannot believe it, but UNIVERSAL STUDIOS happened.


After what seemed like ten years of planning, it actually happened. The thrill of every ride, the Transformer selfies and Mel's Diner. These are fond memories I want to capture into my heart and never forget.

Needless to say, I still freak out before every Mummy Ride. Going on a roller coaster with me is pretty much a laughable experience. Sigh. We finally got photos with our favorite Sesame Street characters! I really need to question my age sometimes. I don't think I have grown since sixth grade. But that's okay, I guess. :)

7. QUIZ UP and FLAPPY BIRD happened.


Thanks to a good friend who chanced upon my phone, and a crazy internet meltdown over a bird game.
I don't think I have crossed more than 15 in Flappy Bird, but Quiz Up really got me going. The truth is the advent of mobile phone games is the bane of humanity...but not a single *beep* was given that day.

However games like Flappy can be dangerous if not just addictive. The number of times I wanted to throw my phone off a cliff is alarmingly high. For a new phone, even higher.

What kind of sorcery was that?
                                     
So take heed, dear readers, DON'T download any of these games (if you haven't already).

8. TARANG happened.


This was one of the most memorable events this semester. A big bunch of University students gathered in a hall, with their blood boiling and their screams reaching banshee level...Tarang was a fierce competition. Okay, that wasn't an exaggeration. You need to be there to feel it. I have never been to a larger congregation of our entire batch. It's been a while since I felt the enthusiasm of a team spirit; the last time I was in tenth grade.

And boy it was good.

9. STUDIES tried to happen.


The point is, I am growing tired of the system. The whole 'survival of the fittest' strategy that has been employed here since Day One is wearing me out. I'm not longer studying to learn, I'm studying to fit in. I've come so close to giving up and dropping out. I really like learning new things; but the lack of inspiration in this place has completely choked me.
For once, I really hope I could see beyond the horizon to new places. Maybe, just maybe the enormity of my existence will help me to find a way to do better.

After all, there is so much more to life than great grades. And one thing I'm glad about are my hobbies, and the fact that they help me to move on.

10. LOVE happened.


With this absolute stranger from another part of the planet. He is bold and kind and we have so much in common! I like that he's nerdy; I even like it more that I have finally found someone who really thinks the way I do.

Okay, if you just believed what I wrote above then you obviously aren't a very close friend of mine. :P
I was kidding. Such a person obviously does not exist. Love did not happen, but friendship did. :)

I made a lot of new friends and I retrieved a few old ones whom I had lost touch with for several years. And I solidified the friendship I shared with those whom I love. The joy of keeping them close to me is unequaled.

Here's to more wonderful trips and parties and times together! Here's to more amazing sleepovers and birthdays and movies...the world doesn't really lack in happiness once you have people to grow old with. I'm just glad I have these awesome people (and animals) next to me.

Which brings me to the end of the post.
.
.
.
.
Oh, wait. I almost forgot.

GAME OF THRONES is happening!


I don't want this series to ever end. Even though I don't verbalize it often, I really pray that George R.R Martin does not stop writing after The Winds of Winter. The fascinating characters and the crazy twists. The only excuse to waking up every Monday morning before nine! Whoever thought we could still fall in love with characters? For someone who hasn't read all the books (yeah, that's a first) it is simply gripping. I hold on to my seat every Monday, for fear of falling out in shock.

All hail David Benioff and D.B Weiss. *All hail, all hail*

They look so good, all alive and all. *Tears*
                                 

This semester has drawn to a close. I'm here to stay over the summer, and I really hope solitary confinement (almost) will help me rediscover all my strengths. But on the brighter side, I'm learning something new over the Summer and I cannot wait! I'm afraid for there will be another blog post about that soon.

Till then, Happy Summer to all! :)

2 comments: