Blog Hits! :D

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Thousand Leagues Under The Sea





I'd like to spend,
a million years wondering,
silently pondering, this little
thing.
This absolutely nothing,
this meaningless vision,
this paper palace that
You call.
That you call Us.


I'd count a few,
a few countless stars
In the heaven up there
Figuring.
Calculating the geometry
of constellations
Spelling your name out
in pieces of two or three
There's so much,
so much sparkle.


I'd watch those ship lights
As they go down
Drowning like my,
Like my thoughts.
And hopefully by the time
We are dead and gone,
At least a few ship lights
Will remind them of us.
A few but
Not too many.

I'd watch the smoke rise
Out from filthy
cigarettes that floated
In unruly suburbs.
I hated them,
But I'd still watch the
Twirling rings of smoke
Just because.
They were illusions
Of suffering lives.


I'd gaze at the glitter,
The bazaars down south
Near the sea,
Because the sea
Always called.
It always called survivors
And the waves lapped
and I loved it just the same.
Because I loved it
A bit more that always.

And I dived carelessly
A thousand leagues
Under blue, oh blue water
I found.
I found peace
A dormant piece of
Unlikely hope in the blue.
So radiant, a little flicker,
Some what a bit,
some what like you.


While I stitched words
Together, words of.
Of stringent happiness
So beautiful,
Like bubbles of painless suffering.
I clung to the curtains,
Of this story you called Us.
But I loved it just the same.
Just, pretty much, the same.







No comments:

Post a Comment