Blog Hits! :D

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rainy Fridays :)


The sweetest realizations in Life happen when you're out in the rain. 



           



When those gleaming drops of heavenly water land on your face as you look upward to the clouds. When the sound of water, soothing as it is, creates a harmony that links strangers together. When it's simply all about running in the rain, singing aloud all the rain songs you can remember, mumbling through half of them because you obviously forgot the lyrics. But, singing anyways. Cold, stinging rain that some how manages to warm the chambers of your heart. And you have no idea how or why. 

Yesterday, was my favorite Rainy Friday. The week had been hectic, the work had piled up on my desk pretty much like a skyscraper of lecture notes that I wanted to avoid so desperately. Since the last few days, I haven't been very interested in anything at all. I don't feel like going out and playing some sport, or indulging myself in good food or for that matter, even going to a party. Life has slowed down from a fast-paced hip hop extravaganza to a nerdy anthem of sorts. And trust me, none of them really help at a time like this. I'm not depressed or happy or anything at all. I've reached a feeling of neutral boredom where I submerge myself in whatever the hell makes me feel good. 

So I actually kept everything aside for an hour, dropped by at my friend's place and then after a short interval (where we debated about where to keep our electronic gadgets) we made the most awesome decision of the day. We abandoned all the work and all the stress and more noticeably, all our other friends (hehehe that was uncalled for) to step out into the rain. The biting cold rain which could easily give all of us the 'fever'. But who cares about all that anyways. 

What really mattered is walking down the rain washed roads in hostel backyards and singing songs. What really mattered is building castles in the air, imagining the possibilities that could be and could not be. And talking about antique bookstores and french cafes and a little bit of movie romance. Discovering that our lives were so intertwined, and re-discovering that if only these lives had intersected some time before we would have had so much time together. 

Perhaps the most awe-inspiring part of this little stress-buster, was plotting story lines. My story, your story. Where will we be in ten years? Somewhere down there I feel extremely happy that I managed to bring out the hopeless romantic in my friend. Everyone has that side, few show it and few don't. But no one can deny that illustrating a little imaginative Flynn Rider or Mr. Darcy or <insert favorite person> can do wonders to matters of the heart. 

No, this shower was chilly, the cold crept into my veins and almost shattered the warmth I had managed to generate by hugging myself. This was not the filmy Indian monsoon where you can hold an umbrella and prance along in the flooded streets. This was different. But refreshing on so many levels. I realized that sometimes you just ought to let go. And sometimes even if you feel out of place, you will know that on the other side of the fence lies a world of people who feel the same way as you do. The people who love you are those who listen to you and stay up all night just to make sure you don't go to sleep with a frown. And sometimes, being different is being happy.

The rain stopped soon. The cup of hot coffee never really happened, because I was just too tired to move. And despite a million deadlines racing ahead, the next morning when the sunlight flooded into my room, I woke up with a rainbow in my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment